ARRANGEMENTS TO RETURN THIS WEEK
Happy New Year to all our parents, guardians and pupils! We hope you’ve had a relaxing and enjoyable break over the festive period.
A follow-up letter will be shared containing all the key information for parents on re-opening after Christmas, but I would like to confirm the following arrangements for this week:
- pupils from all year groups will return to school from Thursday 06/01/21.
- ALL PUPILS are expected to take an LFT test on Wednesday and Thursday morning before attending school this Thursday, the 06/01/21.
- Pupils are expected to take 3 LFT tests each week, on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays, in order to be able to attend school.
- LTF testing is available from any local pharmacy or library.
6TH form LESSONS:
- 6th Form lessons will be live at Bryn Tawe for Bryn Tawe pupils from Thursday but lessons from Gwyr will be streamed this Friday. There will be no lessons at Gwyr this Thursday.
- lessons will be streamed to Gwyr pupils from Bryn Tawe on Thursday and Friday of this week.
We look forward to welcoming everyone back on Thursday morning!
4/01/2022, Simon Davies
ARRANGEMENTS TO RETURN IN JANUARY
Please see the letter below and useful and important links outlining arrangements to return in January:
16/12/2021, Simon Davies
Please see an important letter which outlines the school’s plans to support our community over the Festive period.
7/12/2021, Lynwen Matthews
Sixth Form Parents Evening
6/12/2021, Lynwen Matthews
NEW COVID MEASURE – FACE COVERINGS IN CLASSROOMS FROM THE 1st of DECEMBER
Please see the letter below outlining the WG’s new expectation for pupils to wear face coverings in classrooms:
30/11/2021, Simon Davies
Extracurricular news from the Welsh Department
A big thank you to Elin Meek and Robat Powell for joining in a virtual year 7 lesson recently to talk to the pupils about their work as writers. The pupils really enjoyed the opportunity to ask them questions.
Well done to Haiden Hogg and Callie Davies for delivering lovely Public Speaking speeches at lunchtime discussing the Welsh language, specifically in education. It was great to hear their fiery debate!
Year 11 students had the opportunity to attend the Welsh Schools Peace Conference online. They had the opportunity to listen to presentations from various speakers and join in workshops to discuss with pupils from other schools about what can be done about climate justice.
Thanks also to this term to the Welsh Department at Aberystwyth University for hosting a series of lectures for the Sixth Form.
Have you had a chance to visit the Welsh Department’s website?
22/11/2021, Lynwen Matthews
LETTER FOR YEAR 11 PARENTS
Please see the letter below for the attention of the parents of pupils in year 11:
14/11/2021, Simon Davies